Who Can You Talk To About Photography? Ten Good Ideas...
For photographers, talking to someone is essential. Around your birthday you talk to the family about how you really, really need the new 12-2500mm zoom lens that has just been announced at Photokina and how much better it will make their lives. Sometimes this works.
Of course there are different divisions of photography and it occurred to me that each one has a different form of conversation:
1. Family photographers talk to the family. Initially in soft sweet words and eventually in parade ground tones.
2. Good portrait photographers talk to their subjects. Bad portrait photographers talk to their assistants.
3. Landscape photographers talk to themselves.
4. Food photographers talk to themselves but in different voices. Sometimes the voices talk back.
5. Sports photographers talk to the St. John's Ambulance attendants.
6. Fashion photographers talk to the models. Slowly, and with little words.
7. Leica photographers talk to the Almighty. Once, in the morning, to give orders for the day.
8. Camera collectors talk to their cameras.
9. Darkroom workers never talk.
10. Photography Art collectors talk to their brokers.
If you wish to add any to this list please pop it onto our comments section or onto the Facebook page attached to this blog.