New Nikon - Handy New Bit
1. You get to put another battery in the system - the camera shoots more shots and cycles faster with the extra power available.
2. You get a grip on the camera when it is being held in the portrait ( vertical ) mode that does not involve canting your right wrist up and over the body as you shoot. The benefit when you are doing this over a long session - for instance with dancers or portraits - is considerable. The joint strain after a couple of hours without this grip would erase all the fun of the photography.
4. There is a repeat of the major function buttons and wheels on the grip - you can operate as per normal without having two revert to the side controls. Just keep shooting.
5. You look like a cool pro while using it. I know this would never influence the sensible readers of this column, but I assure you it influenced me when I cared about what I looked like. The downside was people would ask me for advice on their cameras and I had to invent things to say...
7. It's genuine Nikon, with the full Nikon Australia warranty.
Call in and try, or phone in and buy or come on line to our online store and....well...buy.