Tuesday Night Fever - With Nikon and Kristian Dowling
1. It rained persistently.
2. We met at the Subiaco Arts Center at 6:30.
3. We ate, and drank. Yes. Good bar, good kitchen.
4. Kristian Dowling took pictures of the guests arriving in Hollywood style - then we printed them out on Epson paper with two Epson printers.
5. Julie and Sarah from Nikon introduced Kristian and he told us of his work in Hollywood.
6. Then he showed us how to get his distinctive style of photo using LED, Profoto studio flash, and Nikon speed lights. Sarah was the model.
7. Saul and Howard entertained the crowd with sales talk and giveaways.
8. We packed up and came home.
9. It rained persistently.
Now it appeared to me that Kristian knows what he is about, and was able to explain it pretty well in a small space of time. I think he is a man well able to think on his feet - as the job of a Hollywood shooter would require. I enjoyed his lighting talk greatly. I am biased towards the use of the Nikon system because I use the Nikon system so it is good to see how well it can operate in pro hands.
It was a fun evening. Roll on the next Nikon day - or evening. Thanks to Julie and Sarah and Kristian. And Saul and Howard. And the staff who served us the food and drink.
To give you a visual idea of the evening....
"We must be there..."
" Grip and grin! "
" Mama Mia atsa spicy meatball..."
" Beauty and...and...and..."
" Behind you! Look behind you! "
" I just had to wait until he did..."
" Him, Officer. That's the one..."
" Hello My Baby, Hello My Honey.."